These 6 Keys to effective use of video assures a return on your video investment:
1. Like a structural foundation, start with a solid outline of your goals, your crystallized message, a solid first draft script and storyboard
2. A final script that layouts out all details about the final video from narrative to the map of visuals to cover your narrative.
3. A production plan for a location and/or studio shoot that will deliver professional quality video, within your budget and schedule constraints.
4. A quality video edit that will marry all the content including live video footage, graphics, titles and animations, narration, cutaways and B-Roll materials.
5. Plan for encoding the video for use in a variety of venues, including your PowerPoint presentations, YouTube, your website, DVDs, and busIness card CDs.
6. Keep your videos short. Unless providing technical instruction or training, videos should be short, 1-3 minutes long. If you keep the pace of the video up and the length down, your whole message will be seen more often.